Would you like to give your kitchen a little face lift by installing new cabinets? Before you run out and invest a bunch of money on new kitchen cabinets consider these less expensive yet just as affective ways to update your kitchen cabinets.
Check Out: Choosing the Right Paint
2. Change the hardware. Many of the major home improvement stores offer a wide variety of knobs, and hinges in different materials including porcelain, iron and bronze.
Check Out: What Colors Suit Your Dwelling
3. Removing the cabinet doors entirely. Referred to as open cabinets, this look will give your kitchen a more open feel. Be sure to fill in the holes where the hardware was attached and give the framing around the cabinets a fresh coat of paint.
4. Open kitchen cabinets with curtains. Choose the curtain of your choice or make your own for the perfect fit. There are droves of printed cloth to choose from.
5. Change the existing doors for glass ones. There are some truly beautiful glass doors available at a variety of home improvement stores. This will be a bit more expensive, but still, not nearly as much as installing brand new kitchen cabinets.
7. Add (if applicable) or change the molding along the top and sides of the kitchen cabinets. There are many different styles available. Just take measurements around the cabinets and along the sides if applicable so you are sure to purchase enough for the job.
8. Remove the existing paint, sand the kitchen cabinets and finish them with varnish, polyurethane or another clear-coat material.
9. Apply decals to the kitchen cabinets before putting on the clear-coat finish. Not quite the same as stencils, but just as affective for acquiring that updated look.
Check out other ideas that can improve your kitchen decor in this post
10. Believe it or not, simply cleaning your kitchen cabinets could brighten them up. Over time kitchen cabinets become covered with grease and food residue. Try brightening them up with a good cleaning before you invest in anything else. You just might be impresses with the end result.
You don’t need to invest a lot of money or hire a professional to update your kitchen cabinets. With a little elbow grease and your imagination you can achieve the same thing with a lot less money.